Steel bands and banding systems from It Straps On
Steel bands are used in a range of high-stress and/or corrosive environments because they are able to stand up to these pressures while attaching two or more elements to one another. At It Straps On, we offer a range of steel bands made from both 201, 304 and 316 stainless steel alloys in both standard sizes and custom dimensions.
Common uses for steel bands
Common uses for stainless steel banding are everywhere you look, especially in industrial or commercial settings as well as throughout most cities and towns. At ISO, stock orders come in coils enclosed within self-dispensing boxes, making them easy to affix effectively. Made of stainless steel, this strapping material can stand up to corrosion and harsh environments. These bands are used to attach items together as well as attaching items to poles, such as signs and signals.
Choices in alloys and materials
If you are looking for stainless steel bands, you have several choices to make: width, thickness (gauge), strength, and corrosion-resistance. Depending on your particular needs, you will be able to determine which type of steel you need and what lengths are most appropriate for your project.
- 201 stainless steel usually comes in 100 foot coils and can be slightly less expensive than other types
- 304 stainless steel usually comes in 100 foot or 200 foot coils and is sometimes sold in “mill” coil sizes weighing on average 30 to 44 lbs. Generally referred to as light gauge material.
- 316 stainless steel also comes in 100 foot coils and is the most resistant form of stainless steel to corrosion and rust, making it useful in extremely harsh environments
- 316 stainless steel that is PPA coated comes in coils of 82.5 feet and is able to withstand even greater abuse than uncoated 316 stainless steel
- Custom orders – if your project calls for something else, contact ISO today and we will work on developing the perfect bands for your needs whether that is a longer coil or mill coils
Some of our most popular stainless steel bands include:
American manufacturing from It Straps On
We produce many weights, lengths, and thicknesses of stainless steel bands, but they all are processed with a safety edge to facilitate safe handling. Additionally, customers may notice that the band is embossed with text. This embossing is used for two purposes, as a visual aid in tensioning the band but more importantly, our exclusive four digit code is printed on the band for identification purchases.
If you need any type of industrial and commercial steel bands for your next project, contact ISO today. We produce high quality stainless steel goods for customers throughout the United States from our facilities in Covington, Louisiana.