Stainless Steel Band / Strap
Stainless steel bands / straps are long pieces of stainless steel used in many industries to bind items together or to affix loose items to more stable ones. These stainless steel bands / straps are superior to bands / straps made from other materials because they are more durable and resistant to wear. When other types of bands / straps will not suffice, stainless steel bands get the job done. Stainless steel bands / straps are uniquely superior to other types of bands / straps because stainless steel has certain attributes that set it apart from other materials. Stainless steel is an alloy with at least 10.5 to 11% chromium in addition to steel. The addition of chromium and other alloys make stainless steel significantly more resistant to rust and corrosion than other metals. Some of the different types of alloys in stainless steel bands are: 201, 304 and 316 stainless steel.
A few important notes about each type of steel include:
- 201 stainless steel which contains nickel and magnesium in addition to chromium
- 304 stainless steel which is not as strong as 201, but more corrosion resistant
- 316 stainless steel which is more resistant to hostile environments such as corrosive marine surroundings or chemical exposure
- All stainless steel is versatile and lends itself to industrial use because this type of metal is nonmagnetic, easily welded, resistant to chemicals, can withstand extreme heat and/or cold, and does not rust easily when exposed to chemicals or moisture
Other Uses for Stainless Steel Banding / Straps
As with any bands or straps, stainless steel bands / straps are used to affix items together or one item to another. Bands / straps made from stainless steel are particularly well suited to the following uses:
- Affixing loose items to a fixed pole or a structure, such as a light or camera to a building or pole (such as street lights or street signs)
- Circumstances that call for stronger materials than plastic or other bands / straps
- Stainless steel bands / straps can be made in both standard weights and thicknesses, but they can be custom crafted as well.
Popular Types of Stainless Steel Banding / Straps
Contact Us for More Information
For the best in stainless steel bands / straps both standard and custom, contact us. We sell only the highest grades of stainless steel and can help you find just the right piece, whether it’s in stock or a custom product.